Messages for U.S. Citizens
NOTICE REGARDING ATM TRANSACTIONS IN GREECE:
The Government of Greece has issued the following Notification for Tourists:
"Those who are visiting or are going to visit Greece should be aware that capital control measures imposed by the Greek government do not apply to transactions or withdrawals made via ATM with the use of debit or credit cards issued in their country. Dated 29 June 2015"
Messages for U.S. citizens are notices to American citizens registered with the U.S. Embassy distributed by the Embassy or volunteer U.S. citizens.
While we make an effort to keep our website current based on the information which comes to our attention, other demonstrations besides those listed may occur.
Demonstrations take place in Greece regularly in response to world events or local developments. We remind American citizens that even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and possibly escalate into violence. American citizens are therefore urged to avoid the areas of demonstrations if possible, and to exercise caution if within the vicinity of any demonstrations. American citizens should stay current with media coverage of local events and be aware of their surroundings at all times.
- June 28, 2015 - Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Banking Disruptions in Greece
- April 29, 2015 - U.S. Consul Will Visit Thessaloniki May 11, 12 and 13, 2015
- April 7. 2015 - 2015 American Citizens' Open House, April 29, 2015
- February 24, 2015 - U.S. Expat Tax Seminar for Americans Living Abroad
- February l4, 2015 - IRS Guidance for the 2015 Tax Filing Season
- December 5, 2014 - Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Dec. 5-6 Road Closures and Demonstrations
- November 7, 2014 - Security Message for U.S. Citizens: November 17th Demonstrations
- October 22, 2014 - U.S. Consul Will Visit Chios on November 5, 2014
- October 14, 2014 - U.S. Consul Will Visit Thessaloniki October 23 and October 24, 2014
- September 29, 2014 - Ambsentee Voting Week, September 29- October 3, 2014
- May 27, 2014 - IRS Webinar, June 4, 2014
- April 10, 2014 - Worldwide Caution (last updated April 10, 2014)
- March 17, 2014 - Voting in 2014 (PDF 91KB)
- January 15, 2014 - U.S. Expat Tax Seminar for American Living Abroad (PDF 376KB)
- November 13, 2013 - Security Message: November 17th Demonstrations
- July 19, 2013 - Consular Announcement: Thessaloniki Outreach
- April 30, 2013 - U.S. Consul Will Visit Crete on May 13 -14, 2013
- April 30, 2013 - Security Message: May 1st Demonstrations
- March 15, 2013 - Message for U.S. Citizens: Elimination of Thessaloniki Consular Services (PDF 44KB)
- February 15, 2013 - Message for U.S. Citizens: Change to Thessaloniki Consular Services (PDF 67KB)
- January 22, 2013 - Security Message: Update on Explosion at The Mall Athens (PDF 75KB)
- January 20, 2013 - Security Message: Explosion at the Mall Athens (PDF 33KB)