Messages for U.S. Citizens
Messages for U.S. citizens are notices to American citizens registered with the U.S. Embassy distributed by the Embassy or volunteer U.S. citizens.
While we make an effort to keep our website current based on the information which comes to our attention, other demonstrations besides those listed may occur.
Demonstrations take place in Greece regularly in response to world events or local developments. We remind American citizens that even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and possibly escalate into violence. American citizens are therefore urged to avoid the areas of demonstrations if possible, and to exercise caution if within the vicinity of any demonstrations. American citizens should stay current with media coverage of local events and be aware of their surroundings at all times.
- November 13, 2013 - Security Message: November 17th Demonstrations
- July 19, 2013 - Consular Announcement: Thessaloniki Outreach
- April 30, 2013 - U.S. Consul Will Visit Crete on May 13 -14, 2013
- April 30, 2013 - Security Message: May 1st Demonstrations
- March 15, 2013 - Message for U.S. Citizens: Elimination of Thessaloniki Consular Services (PDF 44KB)
- February 15, 2013 - Message for U.S. Citizens: Change to Thessaloniki Consular Services (PDF 67KB)
- January 22, 2013 - Security Message: Update on Explosion at The Mall Athens (PDF 75KB)
- January 20, 2013 - Security Message: Explosion at the Mall Athens (PDF 33KB)
- November 16, 2012 - Security Message: Safety and Security in Greece (PDF 46KB)
- November 15, 2012 - Security Message: November 17th Demonstrations (PDF 37KB)
- October 1, 2012 - U.S. Consul Will Visit Karpathos on October 17 and 18, 2012
- October 1, 2012 - Voting Message for U.S. Citizens
- September 12, 2012 - U.S. Consul to Visit Messini September 24 and September 25, 2012
- August 24, 2012- Security Message for U.S. Citizens (PDF 88K)
- July 18, 2012 - Worldwide Caution
- July 2, 2012 - Voting Reminder for U.S. Citizens
- February 11 & 12, 2012 - Potentially Violent Demonstration in Athens
- February 8, 2012 - Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens: Dangerous Flooding of Evros River in Northern Greece (PDF 88K)
- February 3, 2012 - Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens: Potentially Violent Demonstration in Athens (PDF 109K)
- January 27, 2012 - Emergency Message for U.S. Citizens: Potentially Violent Demonstration in Athens (PDF 76K)
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.