Messages for U.S. Citizens
Messages for U.S. citizens are notices to American citizens registered with the U.S. Embassy distributed by the Embassy or volunteer U.S. citizens.
While we make an effort to keep our website current based on the information which comes to our attention, other demonstrations besides those listed may occur.
Demonstrations take place in Greece regularly in response to world events or local developments. We remind American citizens that even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and possibly escalate into violence. American citizens are therefore urged to avoid the areas of demonstrations if possible, and to exercise caution if within the vicinity of any demonstrations. American citizens should stay current with media coverage of local events and be aware of their surroundings at all times.
- November 7, 2014 - Security Message for U.S. Citizens: November 17th Demonstrations
- October 22, 2014 - U.S. Consul Will Visit Chios on November 5, 2014
- October 14, 2014 - U.S. Consul Will Visit Thessaloniki October 23 and October 24, 2014
- September 29, 2014 - Ambsentee Voting Week, September 29- October 3, 2014
- May 27, 2014 - IRS Webinar, June 4, 2014
- April 10, 2014 - Worldwide Caution (last updated April 10, 2014)
- March 17, 2014 - Voting in 2014 (PDF 91KB)
- January 15, 2014 - U.S. Expat Tax Seminar for American Living Abroad (PDF 376KB)
- November 13, 2013 - Security Message: November 17th Demonstrations
- July 19, 2013 - Consular Announcement: Thessaloniki Outreach
- April 30, 2013 - U.S. Consul Will Visit Crete on May 13 -14, 2013
- April 30, 2013 - Security Message: May 1st Demonstrations
- March 15, 2013 - Message for U.S. Citizens: Elimination of Thessaloniki Consular Services (PDF 44KB)
- February 15, 2013 - Message for U.S. Citizens: Change to Thessaloniki Consular Services (PDF 67KB)
- January 22, 2013 - Security Message: Update on Explosion at The Mall Athens (PDF 75KB)
- January 20, 2013 - Security Message: Explosion at the Mall Athens (PDF 33KB)
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.