APPLYING IN PERSON
You must apply for passport renewal in person through pre-arranged appointment if:
- Your passport was issued more than 15 years ago; or
- You were under age 16 when your previous passport was issued; or
- You are applying for a passport for the first time; or
- Your passport was lost or stolen
Before you start please note:
- Special Requirements for All Minors http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html
- Special Requirements for All Minors Ages 16 & 17
Please review the following SEVEN STEPS before beginning your application.
Step 1 - Complete form DS-11 - Application for a U.S. Passport
Applicants applying in person must complete the passport application formDS-11. Please only print the last two pages of the form on two separate sheets of paper. Do NOT print form on front and back of the same sheet.
Tips for applicants applying in Greece
Step 2 - Present evidence of U.S. Citizenship - One or more of the following:
- Previously issued U.S. passport; or
- Certified copy of U.S. birth certificate (copy certified by issuing authority); or
- Naturalization certificate, if citizenship was obtained through Naturalization; or
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America; or
- a passport of your U.S. citizen parent(s)/sibling(s) in which you are included; or
- Certified copy of your birth certificate, if your proof of citizenship is the U.S. passport of a parent/sibling in which you are included.
Step 3 - Submit proof of identity – One or more of the following:
- a valid passport of any country;
- a valid driver's license with photograph;
- a national identity card with photograph;
- a U.S. military I.D. card
Step 4 - Additional Document
- If you have changed your name since your proof of citizenship was issued, you will be required to furnish name change documentation, i.e. your original marriage/divorce certificate.
Step 5 - Pay the applicable fee
Please Note: The fee is a non-refundable processing fee and is retained by the Department of State whether or not the passport is issued.
Step 6 - Passport Photographs
Please submit two recent color photos (taken within the last six months), 5cm x 5cm with a white background.
NOTE: U.S. passport photographs are different from Greek passport photographs and many Greek photographers are not familiar with U.S. photo specifications. We strongly recommend that you print out the photo requirements and take them to the photographer. Photographs that do not meet the specified requirements will be rejected. Vending machine photographs and photographs printed on a home computer are unacceptable.
Please see below the photo shops near the Embassy where photos can be obtained.
Stelios Stephanides Photo Shop
10 Soutsou Street
Kostas Avlogitos Photo Shop
3 Lampsakou Street
Step 7 - Scheduling the Appointment
You are required to apply for the passport in person through a pre-arranged appointment